Parish Pastoral Council
The Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) is a consultative body, to advise and co-ordinate the many Pastoral Parish Activities. Its aims and objections are defined in the PPC Constitution, but briefly it exists to help the Parish Priest and the SCJ community in the general running of the parish together with offering assistance to the groups at work in the parish. It also is one means of communication between the clergy and the laity.
- Parish Priest, who is the President.
- The Chair, elected during the first meeting after the AGM.
- The Vice Chair, elected as and when deemed necessary during the first meeting after the AGM.
- The Secretary of the Council.
- The Superior and Bursar and those members of the Community working in the parish.
- The Parish Secretary.
- The Head of the parish school, Our Lady of Compassion, or their official representative.
- The Chair of the Parish Finance Committee (Ex Officio).
- Four members aged 18 or over, to serve for two years; half to be elected at each AGM.
- The Parish Priest has the right to co-opt additional members for whatever duration is deemed appropriate on an individual basis.
The council meets approximately every two months alternating between Thursday and Sunday evenings, meetings are announced in the newsletter but are not generally open to all parishioners. However any active group in the parish can request to send a nominated member to a meeting if that group has an issue or announcement it wishes the PPC to be aware of.
If a parishioner wishes to bring something to the attention of the council, or would like to know more about the work of the council he/she can email the parish priest, the chairman, or the parish office using the contact information at the bottom of this page, or leave a written note at the parish office.
The Olton Friary Parish Pastoral Council Annual report for 2014 - 15 is available as a PDF file. You will require
Adobe Acrobat Reader version 7.0 or later to access the file.
PPC Annual report 2015.pdf